Important: By submitting personal data to us and/or by using our website you give your consent that all personal data that you submit may be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described below.
2. Collection of personal data including email addresses
We do not collect any personal information via this website. We collect traffic data and site statistics about the use of our site (for example page hits), but are not readily able to identify individuals from this information. We may collect personal information from you if you contact us offline (for example by email, telephone or post) to request further information or assistance or to register to use any of the members areas of our site. We will use this information to provide you with the information, assistance or services you have requested only.
3. Use of personal data
Any personal data that we receive from you will be used to fulfil your requirements and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by email or post. When we ask you for personal data it may be for any of the following purposes:
- To contact you to inform you of our services or events
- To send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you
- To use your personal data in connection with and arising from your job application as more detailed later in this policy
- To send you requested information on our people and services
- To use your personal data in connection with your access to information and materials on our website
- To use your personal data for marketing purposes and market research
- To administer this website and help us improve our services
- To use your personal data in relation to or arising from our events, publications and webinars
- To issue invoices, manage accounts and records, and collection of payments and debts.
4. Disclosure of your personal data
- In order to provide you with the information or services which you have requested, personal data may occasionally be transferred or shared with our nominee or trust companies, and other professionals or third parties who act for or with us, for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings or events on our behalf.
- Where you have consented, we may also disclose your personal data to other businesses who may contact you about their services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event.
- We may share, transfer or disclose your personal data to a potential or actual successor to us.
- Where appropriate, before disclosing personal data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that personal data and to comply with applicable law.
5. Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal data, we will disclose to you the personal data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the addresses given at the end of this policy.
Requests to delete personal data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to request to see a copy of any personal information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee which is currently £10.
You have the right to update or correct any errors in any personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to request to be removed from any mailing lists we keep.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email us at: email@example.com
For further information about data protection issues including the online register of Data Controllers can be found at ico.gov.uk.
If you do not wish to receive emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email from us. Alternatively, you can email us at the address given below with “email unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
You may unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.